All ten Walloon nature parks belong to the federation, which works mainly
- to represent the nature parks’ interests in dealing with the political authorities;
- to create a partnership and exchanges of ideas and information amongst the various nature parks (through working parties, training courses, and so on);
- to defend the nature parks’ points of view in various advisory groups (CSWCN, CRAT, etc.);
- to foster international relations; and
- to raise the visibility and image of its nature parks in Belgium and abroad.